Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Peanut Butter Blossoms

I went looking for this recipe today, I made these cookies at Christmas time and couldn't find where I put the recipe. I am blogging about it so I never lose it again!!

~48 Chocolate Dollops (we use 65% dark chocolate dollops from Tierra Farms)
1/2 cup organic vegetable shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar (plus a little extra for rolling them in at end)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour (1/2 c millet, 1/2 c sorghum, 1/2 c garbanzo bean flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt.

Beat shortening and peanut butter. Add sugars and beat til fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to peanut butter mixture.

Shape into 1 inch balls, roll into sugar, place on parchment paper or ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 min until light brown. Immediately push chocolate disc into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Cool completely if you can wait that long.

These didn't last long around our house so you might need more or less of the chocolate discs I am unsure how many cookies this recipe made. I will try to remember for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment