Friday, January 13, 2012




"The few wonders of the world only exist while there are those with the sight to see them." Charles de Lint


Yesterday I went to the store to get paint since we were almost out of almost every color. As soon as we got home guess what we did.. PAINTED. I love watching my children paint. They are so different in the colors they pick and how their final paintin comes out. Even though there is an age separation, I see the difference from when M was 3 and D's artwork at the age of 3. I wish I knew then to take pictures of their artwork a few times a year at least. I think I saved it somewhere but to dig it out... nah another time. Today we had so much snow we accomplished a lot art wise... painting again, drawing on our new chalkboards we made, make shapes in the snow with our feet. They love all aspects of art!! When they are fighting or arguing I always suggest we paint and then talk about what was going on because it calms them. Art helps them let go.





“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” ~Picasso



I love this Quote by Picasso because its so true. I think as we get older its harder to hold onto the artist in us. I used to LOVE to draw whatever came to mind. I wasn't a great artist but i still liked it. Now to empty my mind to draw/color/paint its difficult. Us as parents have SO many responsibilities, how do we shut them off and take time out to let go??


I struggle with that every day and every day I hope I make it a little closer to being able to let go of the big things and enjoy the little things as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment