Monday, January 2, 2012

Missing them...


New Years Eve 2011 was the 1st night EVER away for my children. I have left them during the day for a few hours even all day once or twice but this was the first time ever at night and especially at bedtime. They stayed the night at Gramma and Grampa's house (less than a mile away).

I have ALWAYS done bedtime. Not even their father has ever put them to bed without my getting them there to start. I felt like a piece of me was missing all night. I couldn't bring myself to watch a movie let alone go to the movies (they might call and need me right??). Dinner at a organic and /or local food restaurant was out of the question due to it being New Years Eve without reservations and they all seemed to have special menus that were $50-85 a dinner (7 courses included but still pricey) and I am too frugal...besides (they might call and need me right???)

Well I admit I cried ALOT! and played on Pinterest (if you don't know what that is it's a virtual corkboard for the internet). Lit the candles they made and my protection chakra candle all together in a dish, drank wine, meditating and waiting for their call that never came...

I missed them more than I thought I would and when I woke on Jan 1st I called them to ask when they wanted to come home... they said loudly "Now please!" So within 15 minutes I was there to get them. I was getting their stuff loaded into the car wondering where they went. They were already in the car and buckled, without asking at all! WOW I think they missed us and home.

I appreciate the cuddles a little more and kiss them more throughout the day. Tell them I love them.... Because over time we forget that the little things like this do matter and our children need to hear it so they will always remember it for when we aren't there. Whether its an overnight or longer.

Next time its easier, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment