Sunday, January 8, 2012

Herbal Teas

Herbal teas used to be on the list of things I didn't really like. I was more of a coffee person then I started reading about how herbs not only can heal but they can nourish, and coffee isn't good for you at all and is better in moderation. So I cut the coffee out of my diet, and added in herbal teas. I started with pre-bought Yerba Mate bags that is the tea that most resemble coffee in taste and caffeine without the jitters. Then started drinking many other blends to heal and nourish. Now after taking a course which made me a certified herbalist I mix my own blends of herbal teas with my plentiful herb stocked cupboard.

My favorite to put into teas is licorice root since it sweetens a little while soothing and coats your throat.

The best for nutrients is Nettles which are high in iron and vitamin k.

Chamomile is best before bed or to soothe an upset stomach. Great for children.

Valerian is great if you have problems falling asleep. Its a mild sedative.

I have many recipes and can also bag it into convenient bags to give as gifts or to sell to others.

If you need or want a special blend let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to purchase some... LOVE tea! Do you have most of the different remedies made in your home?

    ReplyDelete